Over the years, financial trading has undergone a transition and this has only enhanced the overall user experience. This transition could be traced with the change from manual to electronic and finally automated trading. These changes were brought about with the help of various algorithms that were modified in the last couple of decades. The increased use of technology has only helped in using electronic trading solutions in the easiest possible way. However, technology also has the tendency to disrupt trends and yet bring in exponential growth in the latest business segments that are created by the new capital markets. However, all these reflect changing trends in the capital market, so, let us take a closer look at the flow of the future trends.
• Open Source Technological Platforms – The fundamental fact is that technological platforms within the capital market have very similar functions leading to significant growth in the market. They have the ability to leverage off open source technologies and also develop technology solutions for the financial markets in the open source fashion. All this leads to lower cost involved in developing platforms, deploying as well as using the much needed financial services.
• The Rise of Electronic Trading Solutions – With the help of the electronic trading solutions, investors require less helping hand from brokers and traders. They will be more dependent on self-direct trading that is now possible with the easy use of technology. The developed western markets have noticed this trend already in the last decade. The emerging trends are thankfully moving towards a similar ratio which involves technology driven trading. All these changes in trends lead to web and hand based platforms.
• Device Interactivity Enhancements – Consumer trends reflect a pattern where more and more people tend to go mobile and use technology through cloud services and other computing devices. Cloud services and computing devices like tablets, mobiles and laptops always support the continuity of platform access and the boundaries between all these devices get blurred. This helps users to seamlessly pick any device from any location and yet have easy access to trade in any financial market and get information.
• Socially Driven Trading – Social networks play an important role in the trading lifecycle since the mode of information sharing process becomes faster. With the help of the social media, understanding the sentiments of investors also become easy through the various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Blurring Boundaries Between Capital Market Players – Changing trends reflect that there will be more competition across several financial services. Professional brokers continue to make exchanges that would make the trading platforms smoother. Institutional investors also get into the role of brokers and exchanges in order to avoid information leakage.